Today is my dad's biethday. He doesn't usually make a big deal out of it for some reason or the other. I'm making a big deal out of it because it's a milestone with him turning 45-years-old. It's significant because he's told me several times over the years that he's living on borrowed time. He's told me that he didn't believe that he'd ever live as long as he has. I'm glad that God showed him grace in keeping him alive because I need my Dad. I figured that it would be nice to share 10 things that I love about him not only with him but you too. Please see below.
1. If I had to describe my dad in one word, it would be courageous.
2. He taught me so much about growth.
3. I love his enthusiasm for corny jokes.
4. He’s always encouraged me to stand my ground.
5. If he was an animal he’d be a giraffe because he’s uniquely made and special yet odd.
6. He’s always been so protective of me.
7. He’s always made me feel so worthy.
8. Ugh I hate to admit it, but he was right about me being a daddy’s girl.
9. When I was younger, I used to secretly think that he was Batman.
10. If I had a Time Machine, I’d go ice skating with him again.
Here’s wishing my Dad the best birthday ever. Will you please join me in wishing him a Happy Birthday too?